June 7, 2019 6:42 am
Sweeten your regular pork chops with a drizzle of this sweet apple and maple sauce.
6 Lynca Meats pork chops
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup bourbon
½ cup apple cider
¼ cup maple syrup
FOR THE APPLES:
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 apples, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Drizzle pork chops with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the pork chops and sear for about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the pork chops to a plate.
- Mix the bourbon, apple cider and maple syrup.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet and pour some of the glaze over the pork chops. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Place chops in a serving dish and pour the glaze over.
- Heat the unsalted butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the sliced apples and sauté, tossing frequently until the apples start to get soft and a little golden. Serve the apples with the pork and some roast potatoes.