June 7, 2019 6:44 am
We’ve taken three of the most moreish foods and combined them to bring you utterly delicious Bacon Cheddar Bread. Hot tip: Best served fresh from the oven with butter.
Butter, for greasing
6 rashers Lynca Meats streaky bacon
275g plain flour
1 level tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
50g mature cheddar, cut into small cubes
1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 450g loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Snip the bacon into strips and dry-fry in a pan until crisp, then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and stir. Add the cheese, bacon, egg and milk. Stir well with a wooden spoon until it has a soft dripping consistency – add extra milk, if needed.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25 – 35 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Best served warm, with butter.