June 7, 2019 6:39 am
This lavish Pomegranate Gammon dish is an inspired combination of sweet, fresh and fruity that contrasts beautifully with the rich, salty flavours of gammon.
1 Lynca Meats boneless gammon
1 cup pomegranate juice
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup pomegranate seeds
Mint leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place ham in an oven dish covered with foil and roast according to package instructions.
- Once cooked pour the juices into a bowl and allow them to set briefly.
- Add juices, pomegranate juice and maple syrup to a medium saucepan and boil on high. Boil for 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a whisk until reduced by half and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in pomegranate seeds.
- Carve ham and pour the sauce over it.
- Garnish with mint leaves for an extra festive look.