October 19, 2017 10:30 am
Having people over this weekend? These Puff Pastry Bacon Twists will make it a game day to remember! Make them at home:
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
½ of a 500g package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
9 slices uncooked Lynca Meats Streaky Bacon
3 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Sprinkle the pastry with the remaining brown sugar. Roll the pastry sheet into a 35 x 25 cm rectangle. Cut the pastry sheet in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 18 (9/10 cm wide) strips, making 36.
- Cut the bacon slices in half lengthwise, then crosswise, making 36 strips.
- Place 1 bacon strip on each pastry strip. Twist the pastry and bacon together and place on the baking sheets, pressing down the ends. Stir the cheese and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pastries with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown and the bacon is crisp. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets or wire racks for 5 minutes.