July 1, 2017 12:00 pm
- 1988: Lynca Meats started as a family business slaughtering just 100 pigs per week under the name Lynca Vark Boerdery CC.
- 2016/2017: Lynca abattoir received the FSSC 22000 certificate for its Food safety systems.
- 2017: Abattoir improvements received approval and go-ahead.
- The project will improve the abattoir department in stages. Initially aiming to reach 5000 pigs slaughtered per week.
- The final aim is to reach 7000 pigs slaughtered per week.
- The project has started with the lairages that was moved to give way for the abattoir extension. The extension will house a new automated line, stun machine and de-hairing machine to meet the new demands for the facility.
- In addition, to accommodate the extra pigs, two more carcass chillers, with a 300 carcasses capacity will also be added.
- All the improvements will be done in phases which also include changes in the Deboning layout to accommodate the abattoir improvements.
- New Clinic Times
- Fire & Feast Butchery Festival
- Join the Choir
- Workplace Safety Awareness during construction